Re: PITR archive_timeout Command

From: Ian Lea <ian(dot)lea(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Gnanam <gnanam(at)zoniac(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PITR archive_timeout Command
Date: 2009-08-03 11:17:12
Lists: pgsql-admin

1) Exactly the database was at 10:15 am

>From http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/continuous-archiving.html

"There is nothing that says we have to replay the WAL entries all the
way to the end. We could stop the replay at any point and have a
consistent snapshot of the database as it was at that time. Thus, this
technique supports point-in-time recovery: it is possible to restore
the database to its state at any time since your base backup was
taken."

--
Ian.