Windows vs recovery tests

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Windows vs recovery tests
Date: 2022-01-12 19:34:00
Lists: pgsql-hackers

For some considerable time the recovery tests have been at best flaky on
Windows, and at worst disastrous (i.e. they can hang rather than just
fail). It's a problem I worked around on my buildfarm animals by
disabling the tests, hoping to find time to get back to analysing the
problem. But now we are seeing failures on the cfbot too (e.g.
https://cirrus-ci.com/task/5860692694663168 and
https://cirrus-ci.com/task/5316745152954368 ) so I think we need to
spend some effort on finding out what's going on here.

cheers

andrew

--
Andrew Dunstan