aarch64 support is available on yum.postgresql.org

From: Devrim Gündüz <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org>
To: PostgreSQL Announce <pgsql-announce(at)lists(dot)PostgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: aarch64 support is available on yum.postgresql.org
Date: 2020-08-26 10:41:46
Lists: pgsql-announce

The yum.postgresql.org repository includes support for aarch64(arm64)
architecture.

HUAWEI Cloud Services donated two arm64 build host with enough
resources to build the arm64 packages at the same speed as the existing
x86_64, i686, and ppc64le architectures.

These new 2 repos include the same set of packages that x86
architecture has.

We support RHEL/CentOS 7 and 8, with latest point releases. Older point
releases may cause issues.

To use the repo, install the repository RPM first:

RHEL/CentOS 8:
dnf -y install https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/yum/reporpms/EL-8-aarch64/pgdg-redhat-repo-latest.noarch.rpm

RHEL/CentOS 7:
https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/yum/reporpms/EL-7-aarch64/pgdg-redhat-repo-latest.noarch.rpm

and install packages as usual.

If you have any questions, please either email to
pgsql-pkg-yum(at)postgresql(dot)org, or create a ticket at our redmine:

https://redmine.postgresql.org/projects/pgrpms/issues/new (requires
community username)

Regards,
--
Devrim Gündüz
Open Source Solution Architect, Red Hat Certified Engineer