Re: [PERFORM] Postgres Clustering

From: Daniel van Ham Colchete <daniel(dot)colchete(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Alan McKay <alan(dot)mckay(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [PERFORM] Postgres Clustering
Date: 2009-05-27 18:43:04
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-performance

Alan,

here I'm implementing something similar to the Chord protocol [1] on the
application level to partition my data across 6 PostgreSQL servers with N+1
replication. Two up sides on this approch:

1 - When one server is down the load is spread between all the other ones,
instead of going only to the replication pair.
2 - Adding one more server is easy, you only have to reallocate aprox. 1/n
of your data (n=number of servers).

Good luck there!

Best,
Daniel