Re: New to PostgreSQL, performance considerations

From: "Daniel van Ham Colchete" <daniel(dot)colchete(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: New to PostgreSQL, performance considerations
Date: 2006-12-11 13:31:48
Lists: pgsql-performance

You are right Christopher.

Okay. Let's solve this matter.

What PostgreSQL benchmark software should I use???

I'll test PostgreSQL 8.1 on a Fedora Core 6 and on a Gentoo. I'll get
the same version FC6 uses and install it at my Gentoo. I'll use the
same hardware (diferent partitions to each).

I'm not saying that Gentoo is faster than FC6. I just want to prove
that if you compile your software to make better use of your
processor, it will run faster.

It might take a few days because I'm pretty busy right now at my job.

Best regards,
Daniel