libpsqlodbc and libpq segfault

From: Philipp Käser <pkaeser(at)obtree(dot)com>
To: "'pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: libpsqlodbc and libpq segfault
Date: 2000-09-20 08:27:10
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

hej,

I'm in progress of porting some application, and had
therefore for the moment both the ODBC and libpq
interfaces linked to the program (since in some program
parts, there are still ODBC queries I had not yet
replaced).

Now, when accessing large objects using the libpq
interface, the program suddenly crashes, segfault.

I then wrote a simple test program, using *only*
libpq interface functions, linked it with both
libpq and libpsqlodbc, and: SEGFAULT, as soon as
I use one of the lo_* functions.

is there any particular reason for that?
(well, it won't be *that* common to have both
-lpsqlodbc and -lpq, but still...)

bye
Philipp Kaeser
pkaeser(at)obtree(dot)com