Re: Double entries in log for page slots in beta3

From: Jim Nasby <decibel(at)decibel(dot)org>
To: Ron Mayer <rm_pg(at)cheapcomplexdevices(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: Double entries in log for page slots in beta3
Date: 2006-12-04 05:38:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Nov 28, 2006, at 1:37 PM, Ron Mayer wrote:
> If there's a way of getting the info without doing the vacuum,
> (i.e. was a pg_* view created that lets me see it?) I'll be even
> happier to withdraw that request.

AFAIK there isn't, and it would be useful to have. But FSM info alone
doesn't tell you the whole picture; you'd have to know that vacuum
couldn't find space in the FSM to store some pages. So perhaps what's
really needed is information about how many pages in a relation
couldn't be put into the FSM the last time a vacuum was run.
--
Jim Nasby jim(at)nasby(dot)net