RE: WAL status update

From: "Mikheev, Vadim" <vmikheev(at)SECTORBASE(dot)COM>
To: "'The Hermit Hacker'" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: RE: WAL status update
Date: 2000-10-31 21:04:15
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> I believe that its just resting on Vadim again to give us the go ahead
> ... which I believe its always been on his shoulders, no? :)
>
> Vadim?

I think that at least 1 & 2 from WAL todo (checkpoints and port to
machines without TAS) is required before beta. As well as more testing...
Did anyone else test WAL recovery?
Sorry guys but I can't do both testing and coding at the same time.
WAL is the most complex thing I've ever did in project.
MVCC was just child's game.

Tom & Bruce are in summit anyway - let's wait them. And I'll do 1 & 2 in
a few days.

Vadim