RE: [Proposal] Add accumulated statistics

From: "Yotsunaga, Naoki" <yotsunaga(dot)naoki(at)jp(dot)fujitsu(dot)com>
To: 'Bruce Momjian' <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: 'Phil Florent' <philflorent(at)hotmail(dot)com>, 'Michael Paquier' <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, 'Tomas Vondra' <tomas(dot)vondra(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, "pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: [Proposal] Add accumulated statistics
Date: 2018-12-21 01:47:40
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Nov 21, 2018 at 9:27 PM, Bruce Momjian wrote:

Hi, thank you for the information.
I understood that sampling is effective for investigation of waiting events.

By the way, you can see the number of wait events with "LWLOCK_STATS", right?
Is this function implemented because it is necessary to know the number of waiting events for investigation?
If so, is not that the number of wait events is useful information?
Now, I need to rebuild to get this information and I feel inconvenience.

So, how about checking the number of wait events in the view?
Also, I think that it will be useful if you know the waiting time.
I think that it is easy to investigate when it is clearly known how long waiting time is occupied with processing time.

--
Naoki Yotsunaga