ODP: I screwed it up, my installation :(

From: Rybarczyk Mikolaj <MRybarczyk(at)server(dot)ex(dot)pekao(dot)com(dot)pl>
To: AlphaByte <alan(at)alphabyte(dot)co(dot)nz>, pgsql list - admin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: ODP: I screwed it up, my installation :(
Date: 2000-08-18 09:24:20
Lists: pgsql-admin

I am not sure but maybe this is a simple problem
with the PostgreSQL start-up script. The script
is /etc/rc.d/init.d/postgresql. There is version
checking in it, find line:

if [ `cat /var/lib/pgsql/PG_VERSION` != '6.5' ]

or something like that (it depends of your instalation).
Then find your PG_VERSION file in your data directory,
check real number in the file (perhaps 7.0) and place
it in the script instead of your old version (perhaps 6.5).

This should help.

Mikolaj.