Re: [bug fix] pg_ctl always uses the same event source

From: "MauMau" <maumau307(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Amit Kapila" <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>, "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, "Andres Freund" <andres(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: "Robert Haas" <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, "pgsql-hackers" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [bug fix] pg_ctl always uses the same event source
Date: 2014-03-10 09:09:00
Lists: pgsql-hackers

From: "Amit Kapila" <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>
>> If I understand correctly that objection was on changing Default Event
>> Source name, and the patch now doesn't contain that change, it's
>> just a bug fix for letting pg_ctl know the non-default event source
>> set by user.
>>
>> Please clarify if I misunderstood something, else this should be changed
>> to Ready For Committer.
>
> Tom/Andres, please let me know if you have objection for this patch,
> because
> as per my understanding all the objectionable part of patch is removed
> from final
> patch and it's a defect fix to make pg_ctl aware of Event Source name set
> in
> postgresql.conf.
>
> If there is no objection, I will again change it to Ready For Committer.

Hi, Amit-san, I really appreciate your cooperation. Yes, I removed the
default value change that caused objection, so the patch can be marked ready
for committer. I understand the patch was marked needs for review by
misunderstanding Tom-san's opinion.

I remember that I read "silence means no objection, or implicit agreement"
somewhere in the community site or ML. So I think it would be no problem to
set the status to ready for committer again.

Regards
MauMau