Job Opportunity - Postgresql DBA

From: "Jane Chung" <jane(dot)chung(at)guest-tek(dot)com>
To: <torontopug(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Job Opportunity - Postgresql DBA
Date: 2009-10-07 20:26:31
Lists: torontopug

Database Administrator (Calgary, AB)

Reporting to the Director of Interface Development, the Database
Administrator is responsible for the development, maintenance, integrity
and security of all Postgresql database systems used in our
applications.

Overall Statement of Responsibility:

Key Responsibilities:

* Ensure availability and performance of each database that
support each system.
* Design and document database architecture.
* Develop, manage and test backup and recovery plans.
* Work closely with the production and development teams to
provide required support.
* Monitoring of performance to provide fast query responses for
end users.
* Installation and testing new versions of the database management
systems.
* Develop database utilities and automated reporting.
* Implement security and encryption.
* Propose and undertake special projects.
* Evaluate and recommend new database technologies.
* Actively pursue professional development and acquire new skills.

Qualifications:.

* Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science or
Engineering or comparable experience.
* At least 2- 3 years of experience as a Postgresql DBA.
* Possess good understanding of database design and development
methodology.
* Knowledge of relevant and emerging database technologies and
tools.
* Extensive experience in performing SQL queries, including
writing and marinating stored procedures.
* Knowledge of data warehousing concepts.
* Knowledge of clustering and high availability concepts.
* Experience with Java, J2EE technologies and Linux platforms.
* Superior written and verbal communication skills.

Personal Attributes:

* Ability to communicate technical issues with both technical and
non-technical people.
* Able to work in a fast paced and structured position yet adapt
to a flexible and team-oriented environment.
* Requires minimal supervision.

Apply:

Please send your resume and cover letter including salary expectations
to: careers(at)guest-tek(dot)com(dot)

We thank all interested applicants. However, only qualified candidates
will be contacted. No agency calls please.

Guest-Tek delivers wireless and wired broadband visitor-based networking
(VBN) solutions to businesses serving mobile users. Our products provide
fast and easy plug-and-play Internet access to end users. Through our
superior implementation and support services, our partners gain a
sustainable competitive edge.

To learn more about Guest-Tek, please visit http://www.guest-tek.com
<http://www.guest-tek.com/> .

Jane Chung

Recruiter/HR Generalist
jane(dot)chung(at)guest-tek(dot)com <mailto:jane(dot)chung(at)guest-tek(dot)com>

www.guest-tek.com <http://www.guest-tek.com>
Direct: 403.444.8416

Fax: 403.450.9239

Guest-Tek delivers broadband networking solutions to businesses serving
mobile users. Our products provide fast and easy plug-and-play Internet
access, IP Video-on-Demand, and Voice over IP to end users. Through our
superior implementation and support services, our partners gain a
sustainable competitive edge. With headquarters in Calgary and Irvine,
Guest-Tek has been serving hospitality and related industries since
1996. The contents of this email are confidential and intended for the
recipient only. If you have received this email in error, please notify
us, and destroy all copies.