Many instances of postgres.exe

From: "Bob Pawley" <rjpawley(at)shaw(dot)ca>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Many instances of postgres.exe
Date: 2009-10-15 15:54:48
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi

While looking at an error message for iexplore.exe, I noticed, on Task Manager, that there are 5 or more instances of postgres.exe running. Each instance is consuming between 7 to 10 megs of resources, for a total of almost 50 megs.

Is this normal behavour?

If so, could someone enlighten me as to the purpose?

Bob