Re: closing CommitFest 2016-03, feature freeze now in effect

From: Stas Kelvich <s(dot)kelvich(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: closing CommitFest 2016-03, feature freeze now in effect
Date: 2016-04-09 10:57:02
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> On 09 Apr 2016, at 03:05, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>
> CommitFest 2016-03 is now closed. I have moved "Twophase transactions
> on slave", "Partial sort", and "amcheck (B-Tree integrity checking
> tool)" to the next CommitFest in accordance with the policy previous
> set by the release management team. I have left "Replace buffer
> manager spinlock with atomic operations" active in the current
> CommitFest because it was granted an extension. The RMT has received
> Tom's request for an extension on the "Unique Joins" patch but has not
> yet reached a decision.

Aren’t "Twophase transactions on slave” falling into category of patches that fixes
previously introduces behaviour? |'m not trying to argue with RMT decision, but just
want to ensure that it was thoughtful decision, taking into account that absence of that
patch in release can cause problems with replication in some cases as it was warned
by Jesper[1] and Andres[2].

[1] http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/5707A8CC.6080206@redhat.com

[2] http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/80856693-5065-4392-8606-CF572A2FF1FB@anarazel.de

Stas Kelvich