pgAdmin 1.6 Beta 2 query crashes on windows

From: "George Pavlov" <gpavlov(at)mynewplace(dot)com>
To: <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Subject: pgAdmin 1.6 Beta 2 query crashes on windows
Date: 2006-10-12 21:22:54
Lists: pgadmin-support

PgAdmin III Query 1.6 Beta 2 is pretty unusable to me (WinXP SP2, stock
US install) -- it crashes fairly regularly upon query submission and I
end up losing a lot of my edits. FWIW, in 99% of the times I submit
queries by highlighting using keyboard + F5. No particular pattern of
usage causes this, just some up and down in the query edit pane, maybe
some clicking in the result-set grid, and query submission. Usually it
happens several queries into my interaction with pgAdmin (it has NEVER
happened on the first query submitted). Not sure what else to report,
but I will be reverting back to the old version because I lose too much
work from crashes this way.

I have saved some of the Windows output ("Do you want to send your
information to MS?" dialogs) if anyone thinks they may be useful I can
email.

George