Re: Assigning a timestamp without timezone to a timestamp

From: "Hector Villarreal" <HVillarreal(at)mynewplace(dot)com>
To: "Andrew Sullivan" <ajs(at)crankycanuck(dot)ca>, "chrisj" <chrisj(dot)wood(at)sympatico(dot)ca>
Cc: <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Assigning a timestamp without timezone to a timestamp
Date: 2006-10-04 18:04:56
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi
I am also interested in this type of setup. However, in the example
below
I am a little confused as to why the table entry is 1, -3
And the subsequent select statement . I would appreciate an explanation
on the select statement. I do not understand the syntax.
Thanks in advance
Hector Villarreal
SELECT a.timestamp::timestamptz from (SELECT '2006-10-03
09:00'||"timezone" as timestamp from storetz where id = 1) as a;
timestamp