Re: buildfarm NetBSD/m68k tsearch regression failure

From: Rémi Zara <remi_zara(at)mac(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: buildfarm NetBSD/m68k tsearch regression failure
Date: 2004-12-29 14:47:22
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Le 28 déc. 04, à 23:36, Tom Lane a écrit :

>> This result is now seen for HEAD on buildfarm member osprey:
>
> Yeah, I was wondering about that. It should be easy to reproduce the
> failure by hand (just run the tsearch regression test and then
> re-execute that query) --- can we see a debugger stack trace from the
> errfinish call?

I'm trying to reproduce this.
I've made an install with ./configure --prefix
/data/postgresql/tests-install --enable-debug --enable--cassert
Then
cd contrib/tsearch
gmake
gmake install
gmake installcheck

The test fails, but differently than with the buildfarm setup (which
fails consistently with the same error message each time).

here is the tail of regression.diff (which indicates that the first
query failed):

SELECT '1'::mquery_txt;
! server closed the connection unexpectedly
! This probably means the server terminated abnormally
! before or while processing the request.
! connection to server was lost

the log of the server is

ERROR: group "regressgroup1" does not exist
NOTICE: type "txtidx" is not yet defined
DETAIL: Creating a shell type definition.
NOTICE: argument type txtidx is only a shell
NOTICE: type "query_txt" is not yet defined
DETAIL: Creating a shell type definition.
NOTICE: argument type query_txt is only a shell
NOTICE: type "mquery_txt" is not yet defined
DETAIL: Creating a shell type definition.
NOTICE: argument type mquery_txt is only a shell
NOTICE: type "gtxtidx" is not yet defined
DETAIL: Creating a shell type definition.
NOTICE: argument type gtxtidx is only a shell
LOG: server process (PID 23241) was terminated by signal 11
LOG: terminating any other active server processes
LOG: all server processes terminated; reinitializing
LOG: database system was interrupted at 2004-12-29 15:36:27 CET
LOG: checkpoint record is at 0/DA95E8
LOG: redo record is at 0/DA95E8; undo record is at 0/0; shutdown FALSE
LOG: next transaction ID: 1119; next OID: 66382
LOG: database system was not properly shut down; automatic recovery in
progress
LOG: redo starts at 0/DA9628
LOG: record with zero length at 0/E09988
LOG: redo done at 0/E09958
LOG: database system is ready

The cube contrib regression tests passes with this setup.
I'm trying right now to gmake installcheck in contrib/, to see if there
are dependancies between tests.

Regards,

Rémi Zara
--