Re: import error undefined symbol: PyUnicodeUCS2_Decode

From: Jason Horning <jason(dot)horning(at)bullberrysystems(dot)com>
To: Daniele Varrazzo <daniele(dot)varrazzo(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "psycopg(at)postgresql(dot)org" <psycopg(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: import error undefined symbol: PyUnicodeUCS2_Decode
Date: 2012-01-16 18:34:26
Lists: psycopg

Daniele,

For some reason python26 setup.py build was not rebuilding the files so we dropped the existing build directory for lib.linux-i686-2.6 and ran python26 setup.py build again. This generated a new _psycopg.so file (along with other python source files) and allowed the subsequent install and import to succeed.

Jason