General question about memory usage

From: Liran Ritkop <LiranR(at)elspec-ltd(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: General question about memory usage
Date: 2011-02-28 08:06:44
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi all!
I am working on a company that needs DB on its embedded system.
We are looking for such DB manager, and we find postgresql as a potential suitable project for us.
Does pgsql fits to embedded systems?
Tough I need to know if it can fit to our system's capabilities - what is the estimate footprint (RAM memory) of it? (say we give pgsql 20GB of disk space)
Any light spilled on that issues will be appreciated..
Thanks in advance,
Liran.