Re: Yum Update Errors

From: brucejhyatt(at)yahoo(dot)com
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org>, pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Yum Update Errors
Date: 2009-06-11 00:34:28
Lists: pgsql-novice

--- On Mon, 6/8/09, Bruce Hyatt <brucejhyatt(at)yahoo(dot)com> wrote:

> > Bruce Hyatt <brucejhyatt(at)yahoo(dot)com>
> libpq3
> > is
> >
> > > It's NOT missing. That's what has me baffled.
> >
> > Maybe it's not so much libpq3 as some dependency of
> it
> > that's missing.
> > Have you tried "ldd" on the library file to see
> whether it
> > can find
> > all dependencies?
>
> I'm not familiar with ldd and the man page doesn't give
> much detail but it looks like they're all there.

I also tried "yum provides libpq.so.3" which returned compat-postgresql-libs-3-2PGDG.rhel4.i686 and I do have that RPM installed.

I thought this might be due to CentOS upgrading from 4.7 to 4.8 so I tried "yum upgrade" and got the same error (Missing Dependency: libpq.so.3 is needed by package...).

I first thought this was a Linux/yum problem and I asked in a CentOS forum first but it all revolves around Postgresql packages and the most recent Postgres update.

Is there anything left except reinstalling Postgres?

Thanks again,
Bruce Hyatt