Re: strange failure in plpgsql_control tests (on fulmar, ICC 14.0.3)

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org, Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: strange failure in plpgsql_control tests (on fulmar, ICC 14.0.3)
Date: 2018-03-17 18:32:36
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> On the current branch just using the new overflow safe functions in
> int.h should work. But unless we are OK leaving this broken in the back
> branches, or want to backport the functionality, that's probably not
> sufficient.

Yeah ... I don't like either of the last two things, so probably we should
go with the patch as I had it. Yours might perform a shade better on
compilers with the built-in, but it'll be a lot worse on those without.

What I was wondering about was whether to back-patch a test case.
It doesn't seem really necessary, and we'd have to put it someplace
else than where it is in HEAD, so I'm leaning against.