Re: Autovacuum Error Message out of memory

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Reto Wittwer <reto(dot)wittwer(at)exsila(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Autovacuum Error Message out of memory
Date: 2011-02-25 18:12:07
Lists: pgsql-general

Reto Wittwer <reto(dot)wittwer(at)exsila(dot)com> writes:
> Hello everyone
> I have the following error in my postgres-log:
> 2011-02-18 16:33:46.262 CET [2068:1] @ FEHLER: Speicher aufgebraucht
> 2011-02-18 16:33:46.262 CET [2068:2] @ DETAIL: Fehler bei Anfrage mit Gre 893716290.

Right offhand this looks like a corrupt-data problem, ie, trashed length
word in some variable-length value. Autovacuum isn't particularly at
fault, it just happens to be trying to examine a value that you haven't
read lately in regular use of the database. I'd suggest seeing whether
pg_dump doesn't find the problem too; if so you'll need to start doing
data recovery.