Re: PostgreSQL vs SQL/XML Standards

From: Arthur Zakirov <a(dot)zakirov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
To: Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>, Markus Winand <markus(dot)winand(at)winand(dot)at>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Chapman Flack <chap(at)anastigmatix(dot)net>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL vs SQL/XML Standards
Date: 2019-01-10 13:00:18
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello Pavel,

On 09.11.2018 07:07, Pavel Stehule wrote:
> I used your patch and append regress tests. I checked the result against
> Oracle.

I checked the patch with Chap cases. The patch fixes handling of
boolean, number types which mentioned in the wiki.

I have a few comments related to the code and the documentation. I
attached the patch, which fixes it.

There is an example in the documentation:

SELECT xmltable.*
FROM xmlelements, XMLTABLE('/root' PASSING data COLUMNS element text);
element
----------------------
Hello2a2 bbbCC

With the patch XMLTABLE returns different result now.

copy_and_safe_free_xmlchar() function should be hid by #ifdef
USE_LIBXML, otherwise I get an error if I build the Postgres without
--with-libxml.

There is a comment within XmlTableGetValue(). I changed it, mainly I
used Markus patch from the related thread mentioned by Alvaro.

Please see the changes in the patch.

--
Arthur Zakirov
Russian Postgres Company

Attachment Content-Type Size
xmltable-xpath-result-review-fix.patch text/x-patch 1.6 KB