Re: Getting a move on for 8.2 beta

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com
Subject: Re: Getting a move on for 8.2 beta
Date: 2006-09-03 04:47:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Peter has made it pretty clear that he didn't care for the
>> refactorization aspect of that patch.

> Peter asked why it was done, a good answer was given, and Peter did not
> reply.

Au contraire, he's reiterated since then that he didn't like it.

>> Perhaps that's because nobody but you wanted it to go in.

> We got tons of people who wanted that.

But no committers, else it would've got done.

There was some remark upthread about reviewers getting discouraged
because their comments seem to fall on deaf ears. I know exactly
what is meant by that. I'm getting tired of arguing with you about
bad patches, because it's obvious that you put no weight on my
objections --- and it looks like Peter has got the same problem.
How is it that you are willing to apply submissions from newbie
developers over the objections of core developers?