Re: bugs that have not been replied-to on list

From: Andy Balholm <andy(at)balholm(dot)com>
To: Postgres-Bugs <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: bugs that have not been replied-to on list
Date: 2010-04-19 14:43:01
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Despite all the problems with PostgreSQL's bug-tracking system or non-system, I've found it much nicer to deal with than OpenOffice's.

I really like the fact that it's e-mail based rather than web based. Part of the reason for that is that I have e-mail but not web access, so I can deal with it myself instead of trying to get my brother to file bugs for me. It's the only bug-discussion list I've seen that you can subscribe to by e-mail, and I think that's a great idea.

But that's not the only advantage of having it e-mail based. I think a personal e-mail response is much more pleasant than a form letter someone generated by clicking on a web form.

By the way, the issue I submitted was more of a feature request than a bug. I sent it to -bugs because I couldn't find a mailing list for discussion of possible new features. If you had (and documented) a list for new features, it might reduce some of the triage needed on -bugs.

Andy Balholm
(509) 276-2065
andy(at)balholm(dot)com