Re: PITR based recovery in a primary/standby cluster setup

From: Frank Alberto Rodriguez <franknigth(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: PITR based recovery in a primary/standby cluster setup
Date: 2019-05-21 15:11:49
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello.I'm not sure which replications issues you have, and I never used
Wall-E before, but I get some issues with PotgreSql 10 and Barman.
Try starting the primary server at first, when it finish to recovery
this should start as primary, if not then go to the postgresql data
directory and rename the recovery.conf to recovery.done and start the
server as primary.
Then start the standby server and when recovery target is reached,
the standby server should not leave the recovery status and this should
weep receiving wal through the archive_command, and should not rename
the recovery.conf file.
Regards