Re: pgxs/windows

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgxs/windows
Date: 2006-01-15 17:32:52
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> However, libpostgres.a isn't in $(DESTDIR)/$(bindir), it's in
> $(DESTDIR)/$(libdir) and when I make that change in the installed
> makefile my module builds happily.

> My question is: if I make this change will anything else break?

Offhand that seems like it may just be a thinko in the original makefile
coding. Has anyone tried to use PGXS on windows before?

> I also had to filter out -Wdeclaration-after-statement and
> -Wendif-labels from the CFLAGS, since they are not supported by my
> compiler. This is a bit of a PGXS gotcha, ISTM - we use the CFLAGS that
> were detected as valid on the original build machine rather than the
> current machine.

In general you are supposed to use the same compiler as the installation
was built with. We are not going to try to support other cases ---
CFLAGS are barely the tip of the iceberg of the issues that would arise.