Re: Segfault Exiting psql

From: Jeff Trout <threshar(at)torgo(dot)978(dot)org>
To: Jason Essington <jasone(at)GreenRiverComputing(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Segfault Exiting psql
Date: 2006-01-27 19:06:05
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Jan 27, 2006, at 10:21 AM, Jason Essington wrote:

> Has there been any movement on this? as of 8.1.2 psql still whines
> on OS X tiger when you exit.
> I realize it is not significant, but I'd still rather not see it.
> In the interim, I've done:
>
> errno = 0;
> write_history(fname); /* return value is not standardized */
> if (errno)
> psql_error("could not save history to file \"%s\": %s\n", fname,
> strerror(errno));
> else
> return true;

I can into this recently on my osx install.
It is another case of Apple being really, really stupid.

Look to see if /usr/lib/libreadline.dylib is a symlink to libedit
Once I made libreadline actually readline, it stopped segfaulting.
(Highly annoying since I kept trying to recompile to get it to work).
You can also use otool -L psql to check to see what it is actually
linking as well.

(You were getting those core dumps and the message about szone_error
right - I missed the rest of the thread)

--
Jeff Trout <jeff(at)jefftrout(dot)com>
http://www.jefftrout.com/