Inserting millions of record in a partitioned Table

From: Job <Job(at)colliniconsulting(dot)it>
To: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Inserting millions of record in a partitioned Table
Date: 2017-09-20 14:10:58
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi guys,

with Postgresql 9.6.1 we need to insert, from a certain select query, some millions of record in a partitioned table.
The table is partitioned by day.
The datas we will import can, often, be mixed between two different days.

We noticed that if we import directly into the global table it is really, really slow.
Importing directly in the single partition is faster.

Any suggestions here please?

Thank you, best!