Source Code Changes

From: Varun Shingal <varun(dot)shingal(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Source Code Changes
Date: 2005-09-25 08:01:44
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi

I am new to the community. Let me introduce myself. Im a Masters Student
doing MCA in Pune,India. Iv been working on postgres and file structures and
organisation for some time now. Going through the documentation and the ToDo
list i realized that there are some file structures like B+ Trees , Grid
Files etc. which are not a part ofpostgres and these can greatly help in
improving the performance of some searches if indexing is done using these.

Id love to implement this on postgres and would like to work towards the
area. So if anyone can help me out and tell me how to go about it, what all
are the dependancies, what sort of work should be done , what all problems
we can face, it will be a great help.

Looking forward to support from all.

Thanks
--