Re: what is necessary for filling SysCache?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Pavel Stehule" <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "postgres hackers" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: what is necessary for filling SysCache?
Date: 2008-11-26 15:27:33
Lists: pgsql-hackers

"Pavel Stehule" <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> I added two new columns to pg_proc. I have a problem because access
> via SearchSysCache doesn't work

Well, you blew the catalog modifications somewhere, but since you
haven't shown us what you did it's hard to guess where.

You might want to pull the diffs for some past pg_proc addition from
CVS and go over the changes. This one is a good minimal example:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-committers/2005-03/msg00433.php

Also, not sure if this is relevant, but all the fixed-width columns
have to come first. Anything that's past a var-width column has to
be fetched via SysCacheGetAttr --- you can't fetch it as a struct
member.