Re: pg_bsd_indent: implement -lps ("leave preprocessor space")

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Piotr Stefaniak <postgres(at)piotr-stefaniak(dot)me>
Cc: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Subject: Re: pg_bsd_indent: implement -lps ("leave preprocessor space")
Date: 2017-02-08 04:30:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Piotr Stefaniak <postgres(at)piotr-stefaniak(dot)me> writes:
> this is a patch that Andres asked me for. It makes pg_bsd_indent leave
> preprocessor space alone, as in this example:

> #if 0
> # if 0
> # if 0
> # error
> # endif
> # endif
> #else
> # line 7
> #endif

Um ... but the point of pgindent is to standardize spacing, not to let
people invent their own style. If you wanted to have a discussion about
whether pgindent should force preprocessor directives to look like the
above, we could talk about that. But I do not want to be reading code that
looks like the above in one place and code that does not ten lines away.