Re: [HACKERS] Alpha FreeBSD port of PostgreSQL !!!

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Nathan Boeger <nathan(at)khmere(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Alpha FreeBSD port of PostgreSQL !!!
Date: 2000-11-04 01:26:48
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

Nathan Boeger <nathan(at)khmere(dot)com> writes:
> is anyone working on the port of PostgreSQL for Alpha FreeBSD ??

Not that I know about. DEC/Compaq was kind enough to lend the project
an Alpha for testing, but it's running Linux (RedHat 6.2).

> If they need a box I am more than willing to give them complete access
> to my Alpha !

Let me get back to you after we finish wringing out the known Alpha
portability issues on the Linux box. What with the fmgr changes,
7.1 has at least a shot at running cleanly on Alphas ... but there's
still mop-up work to do.