Re: Error 25P02 - transaction aborted - Potential causes?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Allan Sullivan" <allan(dot)sullivan(at)nortak(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Error 25P02 - transaction aborted - Potential causes?
Date: 2007-03-13 20:12:12
Lists: pgsql-novice

"Allan Sullivan" <allan(dot)sullivan(at)nortak(dot)com> writes:
> I've started to get the following error:
> 25P02 - current transaction is aborted, commands ignored

This is symptom not cause; what you ought to be asking is what caused
the transaction to fail in the first place, ie the error before this
one.

If you think there wasn't one, that might be an indication that your
app code is failing to check for error somewhere that it needs to.
You could turn up the logging on the server to see what is happening.