Re: 1 test fails in make installcheck-world - database "regress_ecpg_user2" does not exist

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Ryan Murphy <ryanfmurphy(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: 1 test fails in make installcheck-world - database "regress_ecpg_user2" does not exist
Date: 2017-08-28 14:04:43
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Ryan Murphy <ryanfmurphy(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> I did notice that the test seems to create a ROLE called regress_ecpg_user2:

Right.

> Could that implicitly create a database too? I know that I somehow have a
> database named after my username / postgres role "murftown".

Maybe you've got some tool somewhere that automatically creates databases
for users? PG itself doesn't.

> I've attached the new regression.diffs.

Oh, huh, that's actually a bug in the misc_sanity test --- it is legit for
at least some rows in pg_shdepend to have zero dbid. That doesn't happen
when working in an empty installation, but yours evidently isn't. Thanks
for reporting it!