Intel SRCS16 SATA raid?

From: Greg Stark <gsstark(at)mit(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Intel SRCS16 SATA raid?
Date: 2005-04-14 14:54:45
Lists: pgsql-performance

Our vendor is trying to sell us on an Intel SRCS16 SATA raid controller
instead of the 3ware one.

Poking around it seems this does come with Linux drivers and there is a
battery backup option. So it doesn't seem to be completely insane.

Anyone have any experience with these controllers?

I'm also wondering about whether I'm better off with one of these SATA raid
controllers or just going with SCSI drives.

--
greg