Re: Enum proposal / design

From: Greg Stark <gsstark(at)mit(dot)edu>
To: "Jim C(dot) Nasby" <jnasby(at)pervasive(dot)com>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Gregory Stark <gsstark(at)mit(dot)edu>, Tom Dunstan <pgsql(at)tomd(dot)cc>, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Enum proposal / design
Date: 2006-08-23 09:13:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers

"Jim C. Nasby" <jnasby(at)pervasive(dot)com> writes:

> I think it would be good to have something, so that people are
> occasionally reminded about these things. That's a good way to help
> shake ideas out.

I think the only reason there aren't more outrageous dreamworld ideas in the
TODO is that people came along and did a lot of them. 3-phase-commit,
nested-transactions, PITR, etc. were all at some point pretty pie in the sky.

At some level there's not much point in keeping a TODO of ideas we know how to
do, most of those ideas just get done.

--
Gregory Stark