Re: Validating problem in the isn contrib module

From: Gregory Stark <stark(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum <adsmail(at)wars-nicht(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Validating problem in the isn contrib module
Date: 2009-03-06 10:50:41
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum <adsmail(at)wars-nicht(dot)de> writes:

> The validator function should use the weak mode for itself to return
> 'f' in case of invalid input. It cannot be the users job to make sure a
> validator function is working as expected.

Well the input function is being called before the validator function ever
gets a chance to act. The validator function receives an already-formed isbn13
datum.

Is there an is_valid() which takes text input? Perhaps there should be --
though I think it would have to be isbn_is_valid() or something like that.

--
Gregory Stark