Re: Prep object creation hooks, and related sepgsql updates

From: Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)fr>
To: Kohei KaiGai <kaigai(at)kaigai(dot)gr(dot)jp>
Cc: Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri(at)2ndquadrant(dot)fr>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, PgHacker <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Prep object creation hooks, and related sepgsql updates
Date: 2011-11-28 14:24:54
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Kohei KaiGai <kaigai(at)kaigai(dot)gr(dot)jp> writes:
> How does it inherit an opaque private initialized at BEFORE trigger to
> AFTER trigger? I checked your patch, however, it seems to me it does
> not have a mechanism to deliver something between BEFORE and AFTER.

Right, there's no such facility provided in there. But it seems to me
that your extension could attach some shared memory or use other
mechanisms to handle that on its own?

I'm not trying to force you into using command triggers, just to
determine if that's a road we are able to take.

Regards,
--
Dimitri Fontaine