Re: Should contrib modules install .h files?

From: Andrew Gierth <andrew(at)tao11(dot)riddles(dot)org(dot)uk>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Subject: Re: Should contrib modules install .h files?
Date: 2018-09-14 17:37:48
Lists: pgsql-hackers

>> But I think there are some fundamentally incompatible goals here
>> with regard to how the final -I options are supposed to look.

Peter> Was this ever resolved?

There are open questions about plperl and plpython, which currently
don't install what's needed for out-of-tree transforms. See the
subthread under this message:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/87o9ej8bgl.fsf%40news-spur.riddles.org.uk

Fixing contrib/hstore_plperl etc. to work as examples of how to do
things would obviously first require fixing plperl and plpython, and
while I'm happy to do that I do need feedback first regarding the
plpython headers (I do not use python myself) and the other issues I
mentioned in the message that contains a draft patch.

--
Andrew (irc:RhodiumToad)