Re: The Data Base System is in recovery mode

From: Palle Girgensohn <girgen(at)partitur(dot)se>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: The Data Base System is in recovery mode
Date: 2000-10-22 02:44:56
Lists: pgsql-bugs

> and GetTemplateEncoding is just about as SEGV-proof as any routine
> I've ever seen:
>
> static int templateEncoding;
> int
> GetTemplateEncoding()
> {
> return (templateEncoding);
> }

Heh

> I speculate that you gave gdb the wrong executable file to compare
> to the core file ...

I too had a hard time believeing it. I used xemacs (M-x gdb-with-core)
and used the core dump and /usr/local/pgsql/bin/postgres. I was
surprised that there was funcion names, since there shouldn't be any
(no debugging symbols). Hence I think too, this backtrace is
rubbish. :(

I'll see if I can get one tomorrow, but I will have to rebuild
postgres with -g and recreate the error. Problem is, I couldn't do it
on my machine. Odd...

I'll get back to you when I have more info.

Cheers,
Palle