Re: BUG #14057: vacuum setting reltuples=0 for tables with >0 tuples

From: Andrew Gierth <andrew(at)tao11(dot)riddles(dot)org(dot)uk>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Subject: Re: BUG #14057: vacuum setting reltuples=0 for tables with >0 tuples
Date: 2017-03-16 06:55:54
Lists: pgsql-bugs

>> It looks like fixing this requires breaking scanned_pages out into
>> at least two separate counters, since we currently use it to track
>> both whether we can update stats, and whether we can update
>> relfrozenxid.

Andres> Are you planning to submit a fix?

Somewhat belatedly, yes.

Attached are patches against master and all the back branches back to
9.2. I've reproduced the bug on all of them, and confirmed that this
fixes it on all of them. Is it worth also including the isolation
tester script in the changes?

I can go ahead and commit these if they look ok.

--
Andrew (irc:RhodiumToad)

Attachment Content-Type Size
vacstats_92.patch text/x-patch 3.1 KB