Re: PostgreSQL vs SQL Standard

From: Andrew Gierth <andrew(at)tao11(dot)riddles(dot)org(dot)uk>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL vs SQL Standard
Date: 2018-06-10 11:53:58
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Andrew> I beat at the grammar a bit to see what it would take to fix it
Andrew> at least to the extent of allowing a_expr ColId in a select
Andrew> list after removing postfix ops. It looked like it was doable
Andrew> by making these keywords more reserved (all of which are
Andrew> already reserved words per spec):

Andrew> DOUBLE, DAY, FILTER, HOUR, MINUTE, MONTH, OVER, PRECISION, SECOND,
Andrew> VARYING, WITHIN, WITHOUT, YEAR

oops, also NATIONAL

--
Andrew (irc:RhodiumToad)