Re: CommitFest 2009-11: Two weeks (and a little) update

From: Andrew Gierth <andrew(at)tao11(dot)riddles(dot)org(dot)uk>
To: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-rrreviewers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: CommitFest 2009-11: Two weeks (and a little) update
Date: 2009-12-02 08:21:53
Lists: pgsql-rrreviewers

Greg> Another problem right now are patches where a review was done, the
Greg> patch updated, and now a re-review is needed. I've been trying to not
Greg> give anyone a hard time over these, as in many cases the initial
Greg> review was done quite quickly, but they're starting to pile up now:

Greg> add more frame types in window functions (ROWS) Andrew Gierth

I was hoping that there would have been some feedback on the issue
that Hitoshi raised on -hackers some days ago, since it seems to be
the only outstanding issue with this patch now. Since this is a
question about stability of an API which is potentially in use by
third-party modules (I don't think we have any easy way to know if
it's _actually_ in use), I'm not happy with making an accept/reject
decision based on it without feedback from others.

I have now posted to -hackers in an attempt to prompt some response.

--
Andrew.