Re: Database health check/auditing

From: Tim Cross <theophilusx(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Melvin Davidson <melvin6925(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "Basques\, Bob \(CI-StPaul\)" <bob(dot)basques(at)ci(dot)stpaul(dot)mn(dot)us>, Postgres General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Database health check/auditing
Date: 2018-02-16 20:17:47
Lists: pgsql-general

Melvin Davidson <melvin6925(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:

> On Fri, Feb 16, 2018 at 10:46 AM, Basques, Bob (CI-StPaul) <
> bob(dot)basques(at)ci(dot)stpaul(dot)mn(dot)us> wrote:
>

>> What about bottom *and* top posting. Just joking sort of. I really like
>> to reply to questions inline myself on a lot of occasions.
>>
>> Seems like a good Mail tool lets you know what’s what with top,vs bottom
>> posting . . . .
>>

> *As for bottom or top posting, that is simply the convention of this
> support list and I don't know of any email programs that *
>
> *understand that policy. At least not until AI becomes more sophisicated.*

I will try to comply with the list policy/conventions. My original reply
was from within the Gmail web interface, which is OK as web based mail
goes, but it certainly 'encourages' top posting. My preferred MUA is
more 'old school' (mu4e), where dealing with such preferences is much
easier, but our wise network admins ban access internally (but you can
still access the web interface...).

Top v bottom posting issues are a blast from the past - I've not even
seen a reference to it since the old Newsgroups days! ;-)

Tim
--
Tim Cross