Re: Database health check/auditing

From: Tim Cross <theophilusx(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Thomas Kellerer <spam_eater(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Database health check/auditing
Date: 2018-02-16 20:23:32
Lists: pgsql-general

Thomas Kellerer <spam_eater(at)gmx(dot)net> writes:

> Melvin Davidson schrieb am 16.02.2018 um 05:26:
>> Tim,
>>
>> FYI, the policy in this list is to avoid top posting and bottom post instead.
>
> Plus: trimming the original content, so that not the whole email thread is repeated in the quote.
>
> Thomas

While I'm happy to comply, I disagree with trimming/editing the
thread. Certainly made sense when networks were slower and MUAs were
less sophisticated, but these days I prefer using a MUA which is able to
fold the original content and keep all the content in the message. This
reduces confusion, misunderstanding and incorrect attribution arising
from poor editing and makes it easy to reference the full discussion in
one spot rather than having to go back through messages putting it all
back together. YMMV.

Tim

--
Tim Cross