Problems with pg_dump (on Debian i386)

From: Joachim Trinkwitz <jtr(at)uni-bonn(dot)de>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Problems with pg_dump (on Debian i386)
Date: 2001-05-25 13:51:50
Lists: pgsql-sql

Dear all,

since some version hops, pg_dump created dump files won't be restored
correctly anymore here. In a table I have an array which holds data in
form of "x.y" values, where x are numbers and y either numbers or
letters. An example for a field including such an array is
{"1.2"}. After pg_dumping the DB, all values are OK, but when trying
to restore it, all characters after the x-value (that is, including
the dot) has vanished.

The same thing happens when I try to export the table via COPY TO and
then import again with COPY FROM: the export file is OK, but the
import fails.

This used to work in earlier versions.

Hoping for help,
joachim

--
Dr. Joachim Trinkwitz email: jtr(at)uni-bonn(dot)de
Germanistisches Seminar phone: 0228-737565