cleanup PL/PgSQL PERFORM

From: Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL Patches <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: cleanup PL/PgSQL PERFORM
Date: 2002-11-08 02:50:55
Lists: pgsql-patches

This patch makes a minor cleanup to the implementation of PERFORM in
PL/PgSQL. Previously, it had been bundled together with the assign
statement implementation, for some reason that wasn't clear to me
(they certainly don't share any code with one another). So I separated
them and made PERFORM a statement like any other. No changes in
functionality.

Along the way, I added some regression tests for PERFORM, added a
bunch more SGML tags to the PL/PgSQL docs, and removed an obsolete
comment relating to the implementation of RETURN NEXT.

This is for 7.4; all the regression tests pass.

Cheers,

Neil

--
Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com> || PGP Key ID: DB3C29FC

Attachment Content-Type Size
plpgsql-perform-3.patch text/x-patch 28.5 KB