JDBC date problem

From: Aleksey Demakov <avd(at)gcom(dot)ru>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org, peter(at)retep(dot)org(dot)uk
Subject: JDBC date problem
Date: 1998-10-16 06:20:29
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Can you believe me?

I have a table with a column which is to store the dates each row was
created. I fill it with the line:

insert_stmt.setDate(2, new Date (System.currentTimeMillis ()));

And every day I insert a new row I can see that I did it tomorrow!

I have found that in the method PreparedStatement.setDate() the date
argument is intentionally incremented by one. The comments there say
that it's to compensate broken SimpleDateFormat. Apparently, my
SimpleDateFormat is ok (JDK 1.1.7 for win95/nt and jdk1.1.5 for freebsd).

Aleksey

--
Aleksey Demakov
avd(at)gcom(dot)ru