Re: Feature Freeze date for 8.4

From: Gregory Stark <stark(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Chris Browne" <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>, <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Feature Freeze date for 8.4
Date: 2007-10-23 08:39:39
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> I'd rather encourage people to work in an incremental, not-so-big-bang
> fashion. Obviously one of the requirements for that will be quicker
> review turnaround and commit, so that there's time to build on a
> previous patch...

I'll second that. It's awfully hard to work in isolation building a larger and
larger patch for months without being sure that you're even on the right
track...

Note that quicker turnaround time doesn't have to mean actually doing reviews
faster. It just means not waiting until the patch is in release-ready state.
It's latency that's hurting us, not bandwidth...

--
Gregory Stark